What is the objective?
- Develop a stronger sense of belonging and ownership by placing our footprint and roots in the city
- Ignite our sense of wonder by taking practical, ground-level action to help the local environment
What will you learn?
- Learn more about native trees, shrubs and invasive species
- Learn how to plant a tree
- Take part in environmental stewardship activities
- Meet new people with a shared passion for conservation
Who is the instructor?
Staff from Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) and Across U-hub
What to wear and bring:
What to wear:
Long pants, closed-toed shoes, tall socks, face mask, hat and sunscreen. Please pack your own LUNCH.
What to bring:
Rain protection, bug spray, reusable water bottle and snacks. Gardening gloves and water refills will be available.
Health Screening & Procedures:
- All participants must pre-register with TRCA as well. This includes sharing your contact information for contact tracing purposes, a waiver and self-assessment for COVID-19. You should receive an email next week to complete TRCA’s online registration.
- All participants must do the self-assessment for COVID-19 on the Ontario Ministry of Health website and if you do not pass the assessment, you will not be permitted to join the event.
- Onsite staff and participant health screening using the COVID -19 screening tool will also take place at the start of the event. Anyone who answers yes to a screening question or who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, has traveled in the last 14 days or has had close contact with a confirmed case will not be permitted to participate.
Event General Guidelines & Reminders:
- Maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from others whenever possible; If not possible, then a non-medical mask is required
- Wearing a mask or face covering is required in indoor public spaces
- Maintain good hand hygiene, including washing or sanitizing hands regularly
- Avoid physical contact (e.g. high five, shake hands) unless absolutely necessary
- Where physical distancing cannot be maintained, appropriate PPE and hygiene protocols will be utilized
- Encourage proper respiratory etiquette (e.g. cough into sleeve)
- No sharing of equipment will be allowed
- Avoid touching face, nose and mouth with unwashed hands or while wearing work gloves
- If you begin to feel sick during the event, please advise TRCA staff prior to leaving.
- TRCA will provide hand sanitizer and gardening gloves to participants
- TRCA will undertake equipment cleaning/sanitization before and after the event
The event will run rain or shine. It will be cancelled if there is a greater than 70% chance of thunderstorm or if hazardous weather arises. We will email registrants by 8:00 am the morning of the event if there is a cancellation.