Across U-hub recognizes the unlimited potential of youth. We believe that a sense of belonging is crucial in supporting youth in becoming meaningful members of the community.
Our goal is to improve the overall well-being of youth in our multicultural environment by building a sense of community and belongingness both in school and outside of school. Through different activities, youth will have an opportunity to develop good character traits that would help them stand out within the society.
Across U-hub has developed a new comprehensive virtual after-school program, which integrates the in-person program features into online experience, thereby continuing to provide the SHARP program for International Students and East Asian Students of the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) to enhance mental health and well-being, through student leadership development.
Date: Sept 2021 – August, 2022
The program of SHARP 2021-2022 includes the following activities:
- Marathon which runs from Oct 1 to 31, 2021
- Two City Mosaic
- from July 1 to 31, 2021 &
- from May 1 to 31, 2022
- Eight Online Sessions (Choose one)
- Session A: From Oct to Nov, 2021 (exact date to be confirmed) 4:00pm – 5:30pm or
- Session B: From April to May, 2022 (exact date to be confirmed) 4:00pm – 5:30pm
- A 4-day 3-night camp in March 2022 (exact date to be confirmed)
- A 4-day 3-night camp in August 2022 (exact date to be confirmed)
- on October 16th, 2021
- in June 2022 (exact date to be confirmed)
The SHARP program consists of two components: online sessions and team challenge programs. These activities include group sessions, individualized supports, interactive games, creative workshops, day trips and leadership training camps.
Grade 9-12 TDSB international students are eligible to enroll in the following online sessions.
Free for TDSB students.