Find the match who saves Gebbie and all patients.
Register as stem cell donor on Saturday May 13, Sunday May 14 or register online blood.ca/stem-cells
Build up the stem cell data bank of the Canadian system so that we can help Chinese in Canada and in other parts of the world.
Because of genetic compatibility, Gebbie’s donor is almost certainly Chinese. Chinese donors account for only 6% of all the donors.
Who is Gebbie?
Gebbie has Stage IV lymphoma and needs a stem cell transplant to save her life. But she hasn’t found a donor … yet.
A stem cell transplant is Gebbie’s LAST HOPE.
To register as a stem cell donor, you must:
• be 17 to 35 years old, healthy
• Canadian citizen/resident
• have valid provincial health insurance
• be willing to help any patient in the world.
(Check blood.ca website for criteria updates)
Where to register as a stem cell donor
Date and Time:
Saturday, May 13, 2017; 11am to 4pm
* Markham – First Markham Place, 3255 Hwy 7 East (Hwy 7/Woodbine)
Sunday, May 14, 2017; 11am to 4pm
* Scarborough – CPAC Centre, 4150 Finch Ave East (Finch/Midland)
* Markham – Market Village, 4390 Steeles Ave East (Steeles/ Kennedy)
* Richmond Hill – Times Square, 550 Hwy 7 East (Hwy 7/Leslie)
* Mississauga – Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care, 5510 Mavis Rd (Hwy 401/Mavis)