Neighbour In Need: Collection Drive
Across U-hub will be hosting a collection drive for the City Warmer: Neighbour In Need series.
Actions speak louder than words. For the month of November (November 1 – December 3), Across U-hub will be taking donations of clothing, toiletries, blankets and kitchen supplies to help our fellow Torontonians experiencing homelessnesss. All the items collected will be sorted, folded and donated to Ve’ahavta, a Jewish humanitarian organization which will be distributing items directly to these neighbours in need.
- Collect 150 pounds of clothing, toiletries, blankets and kitchen supplies
- Raise our awareness of homelessness and poverty in our city
- Give essential supplies to people who are experiencing homelessness and poverty in Toronto
Drop Off Hours:
Mondays to Fridays:
11:00 am to 4:00 pm
November 5 & November 12, 2022:
12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
November 26 & December 3, 2022:
11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Everyone can participate
- Please refer to the Collection List for items that will be accepted for donation.
- Drop off your donation at Across U-hub during Drop-Off Hours.
- Please separate clothing, blankets, toiletries and kitchen supplies into different bags in advance, and place them in the designated bins when you arrive at Across U-hub.
Please read carefully the items we will be collecting. As Ve’ahavta serves adults, they are only looking for items which can be used by their clients directly.
Items we Accept:
New underwear, socks, and bras in
all sizes and genders
New or gently used clothing:
- T-shirts — all sizes and genders
- Jeans — all sizes
(special need for men’s sizes 28-34)
- Shorts — all sizes
- Track pants with drawstring
- Belts in all sizes
- Baseball caps
- Hats, gloves, mittens, scarves
- Hoodies (all sizes)
- Winter and fall coats, fleece jackets
- Backpacks/tote bags to hold supplies
- Footwear and shoes in good condition
- Hairbrushes and combs
- Disposable razors
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash and soap
Bedding and Linens (New or gently used):
- Sleeping bags
New Kitchen Supplies:
- Plastic knives, forks, and spoons
- Insulated cups
- Ziploc bags (sandwich, snack, and quart sized)
Items we DO NOT Accept:
- Stained or ripped clothes
- Used underwear or socks
- Children’s clothing
- Business attire
- Formal wear