Neighbour In Need: Lunch Preparation
This winter in Across U-hub, we will launch a series of “City Warmer: Neighbour In Need” programs. It is about giving back to the community.
Actions speak louder than words. On December 3rd, join us to prepare sandwiches or pasta salad that will be delivered to those experiencing homelessness in Toronto. Together with Ve’ahavta, a Jewish humanitarian organization, Across U-hub hopes to create a meaningful hands-on experience for youths to care for our neighbour.
Our sandwiches or pasta salad will be delivered to needy people by outreach vans that are serving our neighbour 7 days a week, distributing hundreds of hot meals, baked goods, sandwiches, essential clothing and hygiene supplies every night.
- Raise our awareness of homelessness and poverty in our city
- Understand the needs of people who have been marginalized by poverty and hardship
- Support organizations who are caring for our vulnerable neighbours
What will the workshop include?
- Video and PowerPoint presentation on the facts and needs of homelessness in our city
- Food preparation
- Interactive group activities and discussion
December 3, 2022 (Saturday)
1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Youth of 16 and above
- Those who want to give back to the community and send warmth to individuals facing homelessness in Toronto.
** High school students earn 2.5 community hours
(Include sandwich or pasta salad ingredients, and packing materials for 50 to 100 people.)
November 30, 2022