City Warmer: Ve’ahavta MJRH Outreach Van Shift
City Warmer is about giving back to the community. Actions speak louder than words.
Join us to deliver sandwiches, hot meals, essential clothing and hygiene supplies to people facing homelessness in Toronto. Together with Ve’ahavta, a Jewish humanitarian organization, Across U-hub hopes to create a meaningful hands-on experience for youths to care for our neighbour.
Ve’ahavta’s two Mobile Jewish Response to Homelessness (MJRH) outreach vans are serving our neighbour 7 days a week, distributing hundreds of hot meals, baked goods, sandwiches, and salads every night. For details, please visit https://veahavta.org/mjrh/.
- Raise our awareness of homelessness and poverty in our city
- Help to reduce the stigma and isolation experienced by people who are homeless
- Support the outreach van program organized by Ve’ahavta, ensuring our vulnerable neighbours are able to continue to eat and live
- Understand the needs of people who have been marginalized by poverty and hardship
What will you learn?
- Build empathy and an understanding of the complexities of poverty and homelessness
- First hand experience to interact and know more about those who are experiencing homeless
Sep 25, 2022 (Sunday) [Full]
Oct 2, 2022 (Sunday) [Full]
(If you are interested to join the outreach van, please register and we will contact you through email once the upcoming dates are confirmed)
1:30 pm – 7:30 pm
* Volunteers must complete the full shift and cannot be dropped off earlier or at different locations.
Meet up and dismiss location: Ve’ahavta Office
4100 Chesswood Drive, Toronto
(West of Dufferin, just north of Sheppard)
- Youth of 16 and above
- Those who want to give back to the community and send warmth to individuals facing homelessness in Toronto.
** High school students earn 6 community hours
Capacity: 4 (per each time slot)
Who are the instructors?Across U-hub volunteer & staff and Ve’ahavta outreach staff
Fee: Free of charge