City Warmer: Meal Train
City Warmer is about giving back to the community. Actions speak louder than words.
Join us to prepare 100 sandwiches that will be delivered to people facing homelessness in Toronto. Together with Ve’ahavta, a Jewish humanitarian organization, Across U-hub hopes to create a meaningful hands-on experience for youths to care for our neighbour.
Ve’ahavta’s two Mobile Jewish Response to Homelessness (MJRH) outreach vans are serving our neighbour 7 days a week, distributing hundreds of hot meals, baked goods, sandwiches, and salads every night.
- Raise our awareness of homelessness and poverty in our city
- Support the outreach van program organized by Ve’ahavta, ensuring our vulnerable neighbours are able to continue to eat
- Understand the needs of people who have been marginalized by poverty and hardship
What will the workshop include?
- Video and PowerPoint presentation on the facts and needs of homelessness in our city
- Sandwich packing
- Interactive group activities and discussion
September 10, 2022 (Saturday)
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Youth of 16 and above
- Those who want to give back to the community and send warmth to individuals facing homelessness in Toronto.
** High school students earn 2 community hours
(Include ingredients and packing materials for 100 sandwiches.)
September 2, 2022